From the Diane Ravitch blog
1. Recognize that five weeks of training is not adequate to make a “great” teacher.
2. Stop boasting that its first-year teachers are better than veteran teachers
3. Stop sending young recruits to take the jobs of experienced teachers who were laid off in budget cuts (that’s called “scab”)
4. Stop claiming (as Wendy Kopp does) that we don’t have to fix poverty, we have to fix the schools
5. Return to its original mission of sending young people to high-needs schools that are unable to find teachers.