You know what leadership is? It is saying where we want all our students to return, for their and the safety of our staff masks will be mandatory. If you don’t want your student to wear a mask please see our Duval homeroom and other online options. It’s not saying we’re going to ask everyone to wear masks and you know hope for the best. That’s not leadership.
This from the CDC,
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
You notice it doesn’t say where a mask if you feel like it. It says everyone should.
Friends their is freedom and freedumb.
Also what’s going to happen is a kid tests positive, a kid who hasn’t been required to wear a mask or one who hasn’t had his movement restricted. How about this, what happens if a kids mom or dad tests positive? They will have to close the entire school is what and the district is setting that up to happen.
This is what the Florida department of health says.
Wear a cloth face cover in public
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others and out in public, such as the grocery store.
Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker. Don’t place a cloth face cover on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or any who is unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Why? You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick. The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
Sigh, now lets look at the districts policy.
Wearing face masks
Students attending school will not be required to have face coverings during classes. They will be requested to wear face coverings while changing classes or using common areas of the school including bathrooms.
Face coverings will be required for students on school buses where social distancing is not possible. Students with exceptionalities or medical conditions that prevent any type of face covering could wear a face shield or some other accommodation based on the student’s needs.
Notice anything different? The CDC and the department of health seem to be trying to keep people safe and the district not so much.
I get it, how are we going to make sure people are safe? Well there is always Duval homeroom until a vaccine is created or we can come up with creative solutions crossing are fingers and hoping, Duval’s plan not isn’t one.