by Mr. Teacherbad
Ladies and Gentlemen–
I may have just distilled the entire blog down to 10 talking points. See what you think.
10) Object of widespread public scorn
9) Dignity offered up as a sacrifice to unholy lovechild of Bill Gates and Michelle Rhee
Lazy, whiny, stupid, absent and/or unprepared students (Turns out this is now your fault.)
7) Need to use the bathroom? Great!! Your planning period is in two hours.
6) Lazy, whiny, stupid, absent and/or unprepared parents (That’s right — also your fault.)
5) 28-year old vice principals
4) Rampant fetishism of rubrics and low-quality data
3) In ironic twist, teaching no longer requires higher order thinking (banned in some states)
2) Compulsory attendance at most ridiculous, unnecessary meetings on planet
1) Work with children and be treated like one, too!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.